Designing marketing strategies is crucial for meeting the marketing needs. It improves customer journey into a brand’s purchase funnel. Retargeting and remarketing strategies are used interchangeably due to similar marketing practices.
Hence, understanding and choosing the appropriate strategy may be confusing. For better acquaintance with the strategy, continue reading.
The following sections will discuss about the terms and their importance in detail.
Remarketing – convert visitors to customers!
It refers to the process of reaching out to customers based on previous experiences. The most common methods implemented are – emails, newsletters. Remarketing campaigns ensure visitor conversion to customers in the meantime.
Email highlights may be used for the following reasons.
Highlight products related to customer’s purchases. Offer complementary products and services related to purchasing. Remind customers of un-shopped products on the wishlist. Inform customers about offers and coupons.
How effective is remarketing?
eMarketer says 81% of customers supposedly make additional purchases due to targeted emails. According to theCampaign Monitor, segmented email campaigns may drive a 760% revenue increase.
Put remarketing into use today!
The Google AdWords management company offers various remarketing campaigns. Some tested campaigns are mentioned below.
- Abandoned cart emails help to retarget customers, enticing them to complete orders. Include product names to subject lines to grab customer attention.
- Restock emails allows customers to pay attention to their browsed products, low in stock.
- Back-in-stock emails grab the attention of notified customers.
- Cross/upsell emails are a nifty way of recommending alternatives or products related to browsed products.
- Renewal reminder emails suit customers with yearly or monthly subscription renewals.
- Replenishment emails retarget customers to buy similar products before running out.
- Re-engagement emails help to re-engage unsubscribed subscribers.
Benefits of applying remarketing strategy.
First, they provide an efficient and consistent rise in conversion rates under suitable implement. Thereby increasing convenience in reaching customers when they are ready to order. Being cost-effective, this strategy works for small businesses. Target-specific marketing helps to lower the cost per impression.
Ads for retargeting can be custom-made for each customer. Customized displays ad can create an impact, that leading to ultimate buying. This reminds a customer of similar products.
Retargeting ads speak our mind!
It refers to identifying people online who have taken specific actions. They are targeted using digital ads from time to time. Here’s how retargeting works.
A brand adds google adword code and Facebook Pixel codes to their website. Customers may visit but leave without purchasing. Later, they see the same ads frequently from the website. That’s how retargeting engage customers on social media and Search Platform.
Effectiveness of retargeting.
Adobe blog says displayed ads are clicked through at an average rate of 0.07%. For retargeted ads, this rate reaches 0.7%.
According to Moz, retargeting conversion rates outdo eCommerce conversion rates. Compared to 2%-4% conversion rates in eCommerce, retargeting conversion reaches 41%.
How to use on-site retargeting campaigns?
- Learn to target customers based on how they reached a website. Upon tracking, target users on those sites frequently.
- Target users who interacted with a product but didn’t purchase. Use products viewed, enquired, or added to wishlist to target customers.
- Retarget users who interact with email campaigns. Potential customers re-engage in a website post through email communications.
- Retarget customers using platform-specific ad content.
- Dynamic ads can use to retarget better. This is where a Google AdWords management company can help businesses with remarketing better. Continued usage of such Ad campaigns as suggested by Online Marketing Agency allows customer conversion in no time.
How to use offsite retargeting campaigns?
- The social media marketing agencies India practice to targets users interacting with content distributed on social media.
- Retarget customers from competing websites selling similar products. Website authenticity, price drops, and product reviews catch customer attention immediately.
Benefits of using retargeting campaign strategy.
First, any PPC management company uses retargeting ads as a digital reminder for potential customers. Second, such ads increase brand awareness, putting them at the forefront of consumer’s minds. It allows companies and brands to focus on customers with a certain degree of interest.
Retargeting campaigns work effectively with the overall marketing strategy. It works well with Google Adwords, targeted display, and content marketing. The ad campaigns are tailor-made to suit each customer’s surfing behaviours.
Resembling characteristics of remarketing and retargeting.
Both strategies ensure effective re-engagement of existing and potential customers. The strategy uses nurturing tactics to support a complete customer lifecycle of your marketing plan.
The prime similarity is aiming at increasing the brand awareness. The next step is engaging clients, likely to make a purchase. The final step would be to provide a lasting brand impression and recognition.
Despite certain overlaps, both strategies are distinct in digital marketing services.
Contrasting features of remarketing and retargeting.
The social media marketing company in India takes pride in using these strategies together. Some key differences are explained below.
|Basis of difference||Retargeting||Remarketing|
|Overall strategy concept||Create online ads on social media or Google Display Network based on user’s actions on a particular website.||Focuses on email campaigns, interacting with known customers|
|Foundation||Commences by placing ‘cookies’ on visitor’s internet websites.||It begins when a customer purchases or leaves items in a website’s cart.|
|Target audience||The flexible reach of target audiences.||Limited focus on customers interacted with via email campaigns.|
|Variations||on-site and offsite interactions.||Emails on – products on sale, VIP offers, up/cross-sells, or cart abandonment.|
|Tools used||Google ads on Social Media Ads or mobile app notifications||Emails|
The prime aim is to drive conversions by broadening visibility to potential customers.
Retargeting attracts potential customers, higher website traffic with a amount of conversion keep in mind. Remarketing is suitable for re-engaging customers, with no budget for ads.
Coming to which strategy to choose. Don’t choose one. One may make use of both methods for maximizing results. Thereby, more potential clients are added to the sales funnel.